I've always wanted to be a twin. Having a twin seems like having a built in best friend. I know many people who also want twins. Even the media loves twins. Think about it--the Olsen Twins and the Sprouse twins were very popular actors a few years ago. However, I think that actually being a twin is different than what many people imagine. The book "Triple Trouble" by Julia Devillers and Jennifer Roy is the fifth in a series about typical middle school twins--and it's written by two real twins. This book really gives the inside scoop about what being a twin is really like.
I know that "Triple Trouble" and the other books in the "Trading Faces" series are a little young for me, but I have been reading them since fifth or sixth grade, and I really enjoy them, so they're kind of bubble gum reading for me. But what I like about them is their realistic portrayal of twins. Twins are revered because people see them as having a kind of fantasy life. I like seeing twins as they really are-- normal siblings who happen to be the same age and can be pretty close. In the "Trading Faces" books, although twins Emma and Payton are very close, they have completely different personalities and don't always act like best friends. I think that people want twins if they're not twins because the grass is always greener on the other sides. I know people who hate being twins, while I would really want to be a twin. Plus, some people think I'm lucky that I have a little brother, but he can be really annoying to me. You always want what looks glamorous and you don't have, and that's how many people view twins. What they don't realize is that whether you have a twin or not, there's only one you.
No comments:
Post a Comment