Saturday, May 18, 2013
History
It must be really hard to write the entire history of the world in one book, but E.H. Gombrich managed to do it. In his book "A Little History of the World", each chapter is a different part of history. This book is really unique because it shows history in a way that both kids can understand and teenagers and adults can learn something from. The book almost seems like a conversation between you and the author. He uses terms like "you" and "we", and really connects with the reader. There is a simple black and white picture at the beginning of each chapter that shows what the chapter is going to be about. The author also seems like he really likes World History. The book presents history in a way that's fun and interesting. I haven't gotten very far in the book yet, but I can already tell that it teaches a lot about important moments in history. It doesn't go too in depth with each topic, but it teaches a lot of interesting facts . All in all, I think that this book teaches history in an interesting way and I look forward to reading more of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. I'm also amazed that someone can fit so much history in one book. But I'm glad this book exists because it seems very educational for kids and adults to learn about our world. Keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete